Increased regulatory oversight is a reality for corporations in nearly every business sector of the economy.
The need to ensure compliance with these regulations on both industrial and governmental levels has never been more crucial. Professionals in industries such as insurance, health care, government contracting, banking, securities, and financial industries routinely turn to our firm for guidance, particularly when charged with or suspected of a violation of criminal, regulatory, or tax laws.
Guy Harbert, Tom Bondurant, Scott Austin, and Justin Lugar have tried several hundred criminal jury and bench trials between them, and have conducted thousands of investigations. With a former Chief of the Criminal Division of the Western District of Virginia U.S. Attorney’s Office on our team, clients benefit from Gentry Locke’s experience with state and federal prosecutors.
Our attorneys work closely with corporate in-house counsel and executives to ensure no avenue of action is left unexplored.
A primary objective is to ensure that details of grand jury investigations are kept private. The best victory involves persuading the government not to file charges against our clients, because litigation is increasingly expensive. When litigation is warranted, we have the resources and dedication to mount a vigorous defense on nearly any subject matter. We are also experienced in negotiating favorable settlements or, when in the best interests of the entity and officers, assisting in the decision of whether or not to accept a plea bargain.
We dedicate ourselves to our clients at every stage of these matters:
- Corporate Internal Investigations into suspected or known violations of state or federal laws
- Corporate and individual defense in grand jury investigations and criminal prosecutions. Representation and defense of inquiries or charges at local, state, and federal level, including responses to subpoenas, grand jury investigations, and appearances associated with congressional investigations
- Corporate compliance and proactive identification of issues for key executives and governing Boards designed to help avoid violations of law, including appropriate action needed in response to new legislation
- Filing and representation in qui tam actions, many in conjunction with federal and state governments and regulatory agencies
- Identification and implementation of corrective actions to minimize legal risk and exposure, including self-reporting to regulatory agencies
- Representation of individuals charged with criminal violations in federal and state court
We encourage you to review our Criminal & Government Investigations Group attorneys’ personal pages for additional information and then contact us to discuss your company’s legal needs.Have questions? Contact us.