Naturally blessed with great soil, varied elevations, temperate seasons, and spirited people, Virginia has become a hotbed for the growing industry of brewing and distilling.
Rolling alongside our Blue Ridge mountains is I-81, a major transportation corridor for distribution routes. With more than 100 breweries, over 275 wineries, and the growing list of specialized distilleries in the Commonwealth, it’s clear that these businesses are a great match for Virginia. And, our experience has shown that Gentry Locke attorneys are a great match for the people driving this industry, whether in Roanoke or throughout the region.
While the public is accustomed to bucolic scenes of vineyards and brewing and distilling vats through advertising, Gentry Locke knows that you have business needs like any other business, but with the addition of regulatory oversight. That’s why our team approach to handling these matters is ideal for ensuring that your business can start, proceed, and develop in the way you had envisioned.
Gentry Locke is ready to assist you with these capabilities, and many more:
- ABC regulations
- Water acquisition
- Land use and zoning
- Corporate entity formation and governance
- Purchase and sales of companies
- Distribution requirements for beer, wine, and alcoholic beverages (state and federal)
- Franchise agreements
- Sales and exchanges of distribution territories
- Development and leasing of distribution facilities
- Construction and development of production facilities
- Protection and defense of trade secrets, brands, and intellectual property
- NDAs and executive agreements
- Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
Contact the experienced attorneys listed at left to learn how Gentry Locke can help your business. You’ll find that in addition to our legal acumen, our attorneys are great listeners who will focus on what your business needs to succeed.
Have questions? Contact us.