Real Estate Law
The Real Estate practice group at Gentry Locke has a well-deserved reputation for successfully helping clients achieve strategic and financial objectives, and completing their real estate transactions on time and on budget.
Our experienced team focuses on creating better, quicker solutions to the challenges present in every land transaction. As a result, we enjoy the continued loyalty of buyers, sellers, developers, investors, landlords, and tenants we have the privilege to serve.
We have earned the respect of local government and elected officials in Roanoke, Botetourt, Salem, Blacksburg, Bristol, Lynchburg, Danville, Charlottesville, Waynesboro, Winchester, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Lexington, and all counties and towns in between. These relationships create opportunities to have meaningful discussions with the key decision-makers involved in the approval process for our clients’ land use projects.
The real estate lawyers at Gentry Locke have been principally involved in the purchase, sale or development of some of the most significant real estate projects in western Virginia, including the:
- Acquisition of multiple parcels comprising the Taubman Museum of Art in downtown Roanoke
- Successful approval of more than 250 wireless telecommunication facilities in over 20 municipalities
- Purchase and redevelopment of the largest private marina at Smith Mountain Lake
- Rezoning or permitting of numerous commercial and planned residential developments
- Closing of historic tax credit financing projects for some of the region’s most important historic structures
Real Estate Litigation
Real estate disputes can slow or shut down a project.
That means lost time, money, and opportunities. Whether through negotiation, litigation, mediation, or arbitration, Gentry Locke’s experienced team of real estate litigators creates quick, responsible, and effective solutions to the challenges present in every real estate dispute.
We handle a wide range of real estate disputes, including:
- Ownership disputes
- Landlord/tenant relationships
- Easements and rights-of-way
- Eminent domain
- Quiet title actions
- Lis pendens
- Property tax and assessments
- Mechanic’s liens
- Title insurance coverage issues
- Land use appeals
- Environmental releases or violations
- Breaches of fiduciary duty
We encourage you to review our Real Estate Practice Group attorneys’ personal pages for additional information and then contact us to discuss your company’s legal needs.Have questions? Contact us.