Jon Puvak is an Associate in our General Commercial, Real Estate, and Environmental Law practice groups. Jon focuses on assisting businesses, business owners, and governmental entities with a range of general corporate matters, commercial transactions, real estate, and environmental matters. Before attending law school, Jon gained business and real estate development experience by working with NVR Inc., one of the nation’s largest homebuilders. Prior to joining Gentry Locke, Jon practiced with a firm based in Arlington, Virginia.
Years playing competitive soccer
Favorite vacation spot…Hawaii
When you leave the office at the end of the day, what do you like to do?
Race home to see my wife and two young sons. They are both usually still full of energy when I arrive home!
What essential life lesson will you teach your sons?
Manners. Be polite and respectful to everyone you encounter.
What makes you unique?
Not only am I a twin, but my twin brother is also an attorney, and his daughter and my son were born on the same day! It was an exciting surprise for us all.
- College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D. 2011
- Bridgewater College, B.A. summa cum laude, 2004
Business & Corporate
- Represented corporate clients in corporate governance matters
- Represented individuals with new business entity formation and succession planning
- Represented businesses in negotiation, preparation, implementation of asset and stock mergers and acquisitions
- Represented businesses with lending and refinancing transactions
- Represented parties in the drafting of complex domestic and international contracts
Real Estate/Land Use/Municipal & Local Government
- Represented businesses and individual clients in real property transactions
- Represented local governments in land use and significant environmental matters
- Assisted clients in obtaining land use approvals and regularly appears before Planning Commissions, Board of Supervisors, County Boards, City Councils, and Boards of Zoning Appeals
- Guided developers through the zoning entitlement process and coordinates with architects, engineers, and other consultants
- Conducted feasibility and due diligence analyses for commercial real estate transactions
- Chamber Ambassador, Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce (2016-Present)
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Member, Young Lawyers Conference (2011-Present)
- Chair, Roanoke, Professional Development Conference, VSB Young Lawyers Conference (2016-Present)
- Member, VSB Communications Committee (2016-Present)
- Member, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, The Virginia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Conference (2011-Present)
- Member, Roanoke Bar Association (2014-Present)
- Graduate of Leadership Arlington, Young Professionals Program (2013)
- Member, Urban Land Institute (2011-2015)
- Note, Executive Branch Czars, Who are They? Are They Needed? Can/Should Congress do Anything About These Czars?, 19 WM. & MARY BILL RTS. J. 4 (2011).