After a decline in traditional manufacturers in our region—like textiles and furniture, the greater Roanoke/New River Valleys and Southside Virginia more recently are seeing an influx of new manufacturing operations across industries such as automotive, chemicals, food processing, hard goods for the home, dairy and agricultural products, metal working, and other specialized products.
Gentry Locke is experienced in assisting with the process of relocating and starting up new production facilities in Virginia.
We understand production cycles, the challenges of regulatory compliance, supply chain and distribution problems, and all of the day-to-day issues that come with running a 24/7 operation with a number of moving parts.
We can assist your company across the full range of needs, including:
- Site selection
- Lease negotiations
- Securing licenses and permits
- Negotiating construction contracts for new facilities
- Negotiating supply and distribution contracts
- Assisting with the challenges of hiring and managing a capable and stable workforce needed to run day one, including employment contracts, executive compensation and noncompete agreements, hiring and background checks, and union avoidance
- Trucking and transportation defense
- Navigating the maze of environmental compliance, reclamation of previously contaminated land, and renewal of brownfields