Dave Gibson is a Partner in Gentry Locke’s Litigation practice group, representing businesses and individuals in complex and multi-party litigation. He regularly handles commercial matters and catastrophic injury cases. Dave’s clients include parties in federal and state courts throughout Virginia and across the country.
Day at a time…my philosophy
Had you chosen a career other than law, what do you think you might be doing today?
I would have gone into the insurance business with my father or would have gone into coaching.
What is the most important step in your morning routine that you never skip?
I have four kids, and their elementary school is only a few blocks from our house. I really enjoy walking them to school each morning.
What’s on your bucket list?
I love the water, so learning to scuba dive is something I would love.
- Roanoke College, B.A. 1992
- University of Akron, J.D. 1996
- Lead Defense Counsel for Fortune 500 Company in $20,000,000+ contract dispute (Rule 50 Motion granted at conclusion of plaintiff’s case)
- $2,000,000+ settlement in traumatic brain injury action
- $1,500,000 jury verdict for corporation in suit against former executive and competitor for illegal business practices and theft of trade secrets
- $1,200,000 jury verdict for plaintiff who suffered spinal fracture in tractor-trailer collision
- $1,000,000+ jury verdict for natural gas supplier in construction case against general contractor
- Represent plaintiffs in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio in ASR Hip Implant product liability litigation
- Represent plaintiffs in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana in Biomet M2A Magnum Hip Implant product liability litigation
- Represent plaintiffs in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas in DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc. Pinnacle Hip Implant product liability litigation
- Represent plaintiffs in the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota in Stryker Rejuvenate and ABGII Modular Hip Implant litigation
- Represent plaintiffs in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts in New England Compounding Pharmacy, Inc. product liability litigation
- Fen-Phen class action settlement
- Successfully defended director/officer of large coal corporation in multi-million dollar adversarial proceeding following Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing
- Represented senior secured lender in complex workout of multi-million dollar loan default
- Represent major supplier of products and services to the rail industry in North America
- Represent plaintiffs in personal injury, medical malpractice, and legal malpractice actions
- Defended manufacturer of transmission in traumatic amputation products liability action obtaining favorable settlement
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, The Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Roanoke Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Litigation Section, American Bar Association
- “Largest Verdicts in Virginia”, as recognized by Virginia Lawyers Weekly (2003, 2006)
- “The Business Invitor’s Duty of Care to Protect Its Invitees from the Criminal Acts of Third Parties”, The Journal of Civil Litigation, Vol. XIII, No. 4, Winter 2001-2002, Published Quarterly by the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys.
Case StudiesThe results of client matters depend on a variety of factors unique to each matter. Past successes do not predict or guarantee future successes.
Medical Hardship Ignored by Physician Results in $300,000+ Award The results of client matters depend on a variety of factors unique to each matter. Past successes do not predict or guarantee future successes.Case Studies